NRL Asian Workshop on Quality 2019
NRL has been hosting Workshops to improve the quality of infectious diseases testing in Australia for over 25 years however NRL’s mission is to promote the quality of tests and testing for infectious diseases globally. NRL has experienced success in delivering laboratory strengthening and capacity building training programmes to those in the Asian region for a number of years and would like to expand on these by hosting a two day Workshop in the region.
Building upon the success of the NRL Quality Workshops held in Indonesia in 2017 and Malaysia in 2018, NRL is pleased to announce that the NRL Asian Workshop on Quality 2019 will be held in Hanoi, Vietnam from 4-5 March 2019.
Specifically, the objectives of this Workshop include:
- Improving infectious diseases testing by enhancing quality and quality management systems
- Education on the benefits of quality assurance programmes such as EQAS and QC
- Capacity building for under resourced laboratories focusing on topics such as Monitoring and Supervision, Diagnosis and Testing Algorithms, Achieving Compliance, the Regional Network of Hepatitis Reference Laboratories among other relevant themes
- Offering local workers the opportunity to present on their experiences around quality and testing
- Providing an interactive forum for delegates to liaise and connect with one another regarding common issues and challenges encountered
The NRL Asian Workshop will be held prior to the IPFA 4th Asia Workshop on Plasma Quality and Supply which will be held from 6-7 March 2019.
The NRL Workshop on Quality 2019 and the IPFA 4th Asia Workshop on Plasma Quality and Supply will both be held at the Intercontinental Hanoi Landmark72 Hotel.
Who should attend?
Medical laboratory staff, medical scientists, laboratory managers, Ministry of Health representatives, test kit manufacturers and regulators.